Spotted in Manila, 2014

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Last day in New Orleans


We had our final day in Louisiana free and we are using it to rest from a week of hard work. Tonight the whole team will be set free in the French Quarter to celebrate and have one last chance to get beignets. Dinner tonight was out with the whole team to Mulate's, a Louisiana Cajun restaurant. Lots of seafood, spice, an everything fried! I was invited up to the front of the dining room by a 70-something Cajun dancer. He swung me around and lead me across the dance floor. When the song was over, he even gave me a certificate saying I was a real Cajun dancer!
image
Tomorrow I head home to Portland, OR for the ret of my spring break This week in New Orleans has been great and I have learned so much. I came with so many expectations for how the trip would be. But if I've learned anything this week it's that not all teaching is easy. It's my job to bring joy and make my kids and myself smile about music. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment