Spotted in Manila, 2014

Sunday, July 27, 2014

It's so amazing to be back.

After 4 days of traveling, I am so happy that all the members of the Project Philippines team have successfully met up in Northern Samar! We arrived on the daily flight from Manila at 6:30am yesterday, and were surprised to be greeted by representatives of our future students at the airport. I was overwhelmed with joy when we landed in Catarman--I left the Philippines in 2012 with the thought that I may never see this place again. So to be here again, one of the most beautiful places in the world, that means so much to my musicianship, I was thrilled and so inspired to get started. I couldn't help but to weep with happiness. The team has had a couple of days to get to know each other and acclimate, so now I can't wait to begin teaching tomorrow! I am so, so happy to be in the Philippines.

No comments:

Post a Comment